Welcome to the Water Unit! Please follow directions for each task!
Task One...The Water Cycle
1. Review the Water Cycle by selecting one (or more) of these links:
2. When you are ready, take the Water Cycle Quiz from Ms. Fox.
Task Two...How Much Water Does It Take to Grow a Hamburger?
1. Follow the link below and guess how many gallons of water it takes to produce a single serving of each food.
2. When you have submitted your answers, please print your answer sheet, put your name on top and turn it in to Ms. Fox.
Task Three...Drip Accumulator
1. Follow the link below to determine how much water a leaking faucet wastes. Change the 3 entry fields to see the differences dependent on the number of homes, the number of faucets, and the number of drips. Do we have leaking faucets at school, at home? (We will be checking the faucets at school)
2. Record the information from school in your journal.
Task Four...Tree Benefit Calculator
Trees have many benefits in addition to providing shade. They clean the air, curb stormwater runoff, sequester carbon, and reduce energy costs. Use the Calculator to see just how much benefit an average tree in our area provides.
Last Modified on September 27, 2012