The North Kitsap School Board typically meets on the second and fourth Thursdays of most months, with the exception of November, December, July, and August, when they meet once a month unless otherwise announced.
These regular meetings take place at the Student Support Center located at 18360 Caldart Avenue, NE Poulsbo, WA 98370, unless otherwise posted. Meetings also occur via Zoom Webinar.
The district will host board meetings in the format as follows:
- Meetings will begin at 5:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted.
- To attend the meeting via Zoom Webinar, you must register online through the link provided on the agenda for that week.
- To sign up for public comments during the board meeting, you must sign up by filling out the online form with your name and address.
- The form to sign up for public comments will open at 4:30 p.m. and close at 4:55 p.m. on the day of the board meeting.
- Please note that the online form must be used whether your comments will be made in person or via zoom webinar.
- When completing the form, please indicate which agenda topic you would like to comment on, and if you are commenting via zoom, please indicate your zoom screen name for identification purposes.
- Public comments will be offered in the order in which they were received and limited to 10 people. When it is time to comment, the procedure will be as follows:
- Those participants commenting in person will be asked to approach the podium and address your comments to the board.
- Those participants who are on zoom will be called upon and added as a panelist (enabling your microphone and video camera), at which time your video must be turned on to address the board.
- All public comments will be limited to three (3) minutes per person.
- After your comment has concluded please return to your seat, or if on zoom you will be returned to participate as an attendee (without microphone/camera enabled).
- To provide written public comments, please email your comments in advance to email@example.com by 2:00 p.m. the day of the school board meeting. All written comments submitted will be shared with the board and added (as an attachment) to the board meeting minutes.
The standard rules for public comments apply to virtual online meetings.
Rules for Public Comments and Public Hearings
- The purpose of public comment is so that the public has the opportunity to speak to potential items on the agenda prior to board action or consideration.
- Please note that the board will not engage in discussion with the speaker during public comments to ensure compliance with the Open Public Meetings Act of the State of Washington.
- Individual speakers are given three (3) minutes for their comments. The board sets aside a maximum of thirty (30) minutes for public comments per meeting.
- One person is to speak at a time. The person who signs up is the one who speaks. No one can “give” their minutes to another speaker.
- Speakers must be either residents, employees of the district, parents/guardians of students attending our schools, or the legal counsel representing such residents, employees or parents/guardians.
- The board does not take public comments on issues related to personnel or individually named staff at board meetings; speakers will be ruled out of order by the President. The President will also rule a speaker out of order for the use of name-calling, profanity, racial slurs, and threats. Persons who attempt to disrupt the meeting in-person will be asked to leave; law enforcement will be called if necessary. Persons who attempt to disrupt the meeting via Zoom will be muted and removed from the webinar.
- When it is your turn to speak, please approach the podium if you are in-person. If you are commenting via Zoom, you will be promoted to panelist on Zoom. You must then turn on your video and microphone to make public comments.
- All signs brought to meetings are subject to these ground rules.
- If you have handouts to give to the Board, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be provided to Board staff ahead of the meeting.
Please submit electronic files for Board review prior to the meeting to Kori Henry, email@example.com.
The District's Policy 4313 - Civility, applies to public comments. Thank you for taking time to participate in school board meeting and sharing your thoughts.
Regular meeting agendas are available on the district website on the Friday preceding the meeting and are subject to change.
Notice of Special Board Meetings will be posted on the website and circulated to staff within the district.
During an executive session, the Board discusses confidential matters such as personnel complaints or disciplinary actions, the sale or purchase of real estate or contract negotiations. Board Members do not vote or take official action in executive sessions.