Food & Nutrition
The Food & Nutrition Services Department at North Kitsap School District is committed to delivering nutritious and high-quality meals to students and staff. The dedicated and compassionate food service team takes pride in preparing and serving healthy, delicious breakfasts and lunches.
Focusing on a diverse menu and waste reduction, the department cultivates a warm, welcoming environment. The spotless, well-organized kitchens and serving areas feature current posters and signage, creating an inviting atmosphere. Management is receptive to feedback and continuously works to enhance the dining experience.
The department plays a crucial role in fostering student well-being and academic achievement, supported by a team that takes pleasure in working with children and takes pride in their work.
Due to ongoing supply chain disruptions, we are experiencing frequent product outages, shortages and substitutions. Please be aware that allergens may be present. For questions regarding specific products on the menu, please reach out to your school’s kitchen.
Menus are posted before the end of each month for the following month.
- How can I create a Meal Account?
- How can I add funds to their account?
- Can my student receive change if I send cash?
- What if I forget to send meal money to school?
- Can Food and Nutrition provide assistance for my student who has a life-threatening/non-life-threatening food allergy or physical disability?
- Is it possible to request food substitutions due to religious or personal reasons?
- How can I monitor the purchases made by my student using their meal account?
- If my child transfers to a different school, will their meal account balance be transferred as well?
- How does NKSD address food allergies and what measures are in place for students with specific dietary requirements?
- If we are moving out of the North Kitsap School District, how can I request a refund for my student's remaining meal account balance?
- How do I apply for Free/Reduced Meals?
- Does my student's PIN remain the same over time?
- What distinguishes a meal from an Ala Carte purchase?
- Is it possible for my student to purchase additional food items (ala carte)?
- Are School Meals Healthy?
- What does a meal include?
- Is it possible for my student to receive a sack lunch during their field trip?
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form(link is external), from any USDA office, by calling 866-632-9992 or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
Fax: 833-256-1665 or 202-690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Special Dietary Needs
Ensuring the health and well-being of all students is paramount to us. If your child has specific dietary needs, we're dedicated to providing the necessary accommodations to ensure a safe and healthy dining environment.
How to Secure Special Dietary Accommodations:
Download the Form:
- (English) Request for Special Dietary Accommodations
- (Español) Request for Special Dietary Accommodations
Complete and Verify the Form: After downloading, fill out the form with the necessary details. To maintain accuracy and legitimacy, it's imperative that the form is signed and verified by a state-recognized medical authority.
Submit the Verified Form: Once the form is completed and appropriately signed, kindly submit it to our school. This can be done through the school's main office, the school nurse, or your child's classroom teacher.
By working together, we can create an environment that recognizes and accommodates the diverse needs of all our students. For any queries or additional information, feel free to connect with Food & Nutrition Services or your school nurse.
Notice to Translate
If you need this information in another language, please call 360-396-3279.
Si necesita esta información en otro idioma, llame al 360-396-3279.
다른 언어로 이 정보를 안내 받고 싶으시다면 360-396-3279 번으로 전화 주세요.
Если вам нужна эта информация на другом языке, позвоните по телефону 360-396-3279.